Good Morning Viet Nam

Monday, March 21, 2005

Clearance, Clarance!

LOVE that flick, as it is one of Chevy Chase's finer moments. That's right kids, all systems are a go and I am proud to report that the gaping wound in my right forearm is now sewn shut with 9 beautiful stitches!! Couldn't remember what they told me last night upon my waking up from the anesthesia, and had to ask several nurses this morning if I got stitches or not. Of course, they all gave me conflicting answers and I had to wait until my dressing was changed to see if I actually did receive stitches or a 3rd debridement. Was relieved when the mirror revealed the stitches.

The "operation" went very smoothly last night and upon my arrival in the patients-waiting-to-be-operated-on waiting room, the anesthesiologist was by my side explaining how the whole procedure was done entirely for my comfort and there was no danger. When I told him my fear/belief about being put under, he merely smiled and told me not to worry.

Today has been a low-key day where I have basically not moved from my bed as my body is recouperating from all the doses of anesthesia it has received in the last 2 weeks. Wut came by to say good-bye, and we all know how those are my forte. He's off to Krabi tomorrow and is looking forward to a vaca. It was a little wierd, as he has taken such good care of me, for me not to have been more animated, but I just couldn't hack it today.

Peter comes tomorrow, so that will be nice to see one more familiar face. Tonight I am going to attempt to tackle the airlines and see when I can fly out of here. The doc said I would be good to fly by Saturday. Here's hoping.....

1 Comments:

At 7:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Congratulations :)

Having read the whole story now, I think perhaps your meditation/retreat time helped prepare you to get through this in some way.

Glad you're ready to move on soon, good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home