Good Morning Viet Nam

Monday, November 08, 2004

Happy Monday!

And I hope it is for all of you! While you all are just rolling out of bed, in complete denial that another week is about to begin, I just got back from the market with some killer material. Some of you have asked about my shirts, and they turned out great! Am having four more shirts made at a different tailor, one that takes credit cards. It's raining clothes, not men, in Saigon. I can't believe my luck and am already on the lookout for another piece of luggage for my new wardrobe. I plan on stopping by the market on my way home again tomorrow to look for more fabric. Thank goodness for Ann Taylor. My days of wardrobing other women in fashionable suits are finally coming into play. So far the theme has been fun floral prints, but who knows what I will be inspired with tomorrow.

Have gotten some inquiries as to school. Oh, right, that is why I am here. It's school, long days and not enough breaks, but the good thing is that my friends have to suffer with me. Fine, it's not that bad, sometimes it's even fun. But it is school. enough said. Tomorrow we begin our teaching practice session. We have 8 days with the munchkins. Actually they aren't munchkins, but 11-18 years old. Yikes! I hope they like me. What happens if they don't? But what is there not to like?! Enjoy your coffee!

2 Comments:

At 6:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, so I am totally computer illiterate...I could not figure out how to post so I did so anonymously...but, hi! This is Sarah Freund. I have been reading your updates but not having time to figure out how to reply. This weekend and this week are crazy. Everything is due Monday and Tuesday. I am thinking a pub crawl is necessary this weekend? I have been so impressed with your adventures so far. And who doesn't experience culture shock? Just be proud that it wasn't due to the fact that you live in southern JoCo and spent a day in northern JoCo. That is something my family discussed this weekend. Seriously. So be proud! I will write more when I have fun stuff to talk about. Right now I have to get back to memorizing a bunch of crap I will soon forget. Then go home and do the same. I like fragmented sentences. I hope your teaching experience with 11-18 y/o goes awesome! I know they'll like you...talk later, Sarah :)

 
At 1:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Minty,

This is Kathy Magnusson here, your OB Wild Women buddy. Sounds like you are having a great adventure. I know how you feel the day you wrote that you wished to be back in the Boundary Waters, at peace. But just remember there to we had some terrible days that didn't really feel to peaceful. Change is always hard but you will never regret moving on to this dream. Can you post pictures on this site? I want to see you in your new shirts. Take care and I will keep reading.

Kath

 

Post a Comment

<< Home