Good Morning Viet Nam

Saturday, October 30, 2004

180

I know it has only been 2.5 hours since I last checked in, but a lot has changed since then. Just got back from a bike taxi tour of China town and almost had a nervous breakdown. What in the hell am I doing here?! I totally started doubting my latest pipe dream while being shown the wonderful dirty streets of Saigon. I am so overstimulated here it's nuts. Everyone says Saigon is better than Hanoi because Hanoi is much more controlled. But I am having major issues dealing right now. I keep spending money, but don't have anything to really show for it. I could be taking loads of inspiring pictures, but I am not motivated to do so. I have gone to some of the pagodas and sights, but can't retain any information because I am not in the zone. I have stopped trying to use Vietnamese and speak only in English. I am missing my own space and feel as though I can't escape. I know this will soon pass. I am going to stick it out for the month and then see how I feel. I am totally missing clean air and beautiful landscape and a physical challenge. I am missing my Outward Bound experience. I felt so at peace out there, more so than I ever have in my life. But feel so far from that peace right now. I don't know if I will ever find that again. Don't be alarmed. I am sure I just need some sleep. Ciao.

2 Comments:

At 9:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Minty,

I have really found it interesting reading your blogs (what a great idea to have set this up). You work in mysterious ways and I am so glad to have such an interesting friend. You are amazing! I say this because I'm not as adventurous as you; I wish I was.

No need to worry about your current doubting. Along with every adventure, there is a period of acclimation. It will soon come to an end and you will be as good as new. Your 180 will soon be a 360.

Huw

 
At 2:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Minty,
Hope you are feeling better. Let me know. Well I wish I was in a new place far away. I am hung over, it's 4:45 on Monday afternoon and I have a long night ahead of me to study. Besides that I dressed in goth Sat night and kissed J. than the next night he was hanging on some random girl at a concert and L. hasn't talked to me since Halloween. He had a real problem with the wig and fake piercings. Guess I should forget those boys and find new ones. I do hope you are feeling better I remember hearing you say that this is the right decision for you and I hope that things become less overwhelming. JKS

 

Post a Comment

<< Home